10 Jun JUNE 9, 2021 – 100TH ANNIVERSARY KICK OFF CELEBRATION!
Posted at 14:01h in Announcements, In Action, Press Release 0 Comments
The Junior League of Rhode Island kicked off its Centennial anniversary on June 9th at our Shakespeare’s Head gardens. 100th Anniversary Co-Chair Petra Jenkins opened with an historical tribute to our JLRI founding members in 1921 and gave a preview of our 100th Anniversary events. JLRI President Polly Talbott talked to our Centennial Campaign and our Rhode Island 100 Honoree Community Service Award. We had the privilege to introduce fifteen amazing women who completed our Rhode Island 100 Honoree list. We had a lovely Prosecco toast, cake cutting ceremony and lots of mingling in the garden. Our 100th proclamation was read at the Rhode Island State House on June 10th.
Rhode Island 100 Honoree list
- Hilina Ajakaiye, Founder of R.I.S.E. Women’s Leadership Conference
- Marisa Albanese, Manager, Community & Customer Relations, National Grid
- Angela Ankoma, VP and ED for the Rhode Island Foundation’s Equity Leadership Initiative
- Tracy C. Baran, General Counsel, Ocean State Job Lot & JLRI Past President
- Ting Barnard, Designer – Ting Barnard’s Studio
- Edythe DeMarco, Managing Director & Wealth Management Advisor, Merrill Lynch
- Kristin Fraser, Managing Partner, KPMG
- Carmela Geer, ED, Edward King House; Volunteer Coordinator, Aquidneck Island Emergency Volunteer Alliance
- Lisa Guillette, ED, Foster Forward
- The Honorable Nellie-Gorbea, RI Secretary of State
- Sally Lapides, President & CEO, Residential Properties
- Eva-Marie Mancuso, Managing Partner at Hamel, Waxler Allen & Collins: Co-Founder & ED, ClothesToKidsRI
- Cortney Nicolato, President & CEO, United Way of Rhode Island
- Barbara Van Sciver Crouchley, Chair, JLRI US Figure Skating Championship Event & Founder & Bahamas Sea Turtle Research and Education
- Alayne White, Owner of Alayne White Spa
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.